The EK-43 from Mahlkönig is often seen together with specialty coffee. This is because its outstanding performance in grindingsize. This means that you get a more even extraction of the shots.
The EK-43 is designed as a bag-grinder that grinds from Turkish size to Filter and even coarser than that. The grinder was used by a winning barista in a competition and has since then been very popular.
The grinder is always empty of both beans and grinded coffee. You simply weigh beans for you shot, pour them into the hopper, start the grinder, open the hopper and the beans go into the grinder, when the grinder is empty all beans are grinded. This way the grinder is always ready for different types of beans or different types och grindingsize without purging to waste.
It’s a great complement for speciality coffee to an espressogrinder in a bar. You’ll need both grinder types though, to speed up the service in busy times.
- Exceptionally robust grinder with high grinding capacity
- Suitable for different grinding goods and different finenesses as e.g. turkish-fine and/or espresso grinding
- Bags are simply clamped into the bag holder – no need to hold bags during the grinding process
- The cleaning of the spout is simply done with the bag holder
- Grind adjustment to the desired fineness is easily done by turning the grind adjustment knob
- The hoppers can be locked with a slide plate to enable an easy exchange of hoppers with different grinding goods
- Funnel for portafilter
- Small hopper